Tours of Iran
Tours run in spring or autumn each year, accompanied by John and his wife, Karen, who lived and worked together in Iran for two years.
Typically the itinerary includes:
- the museums and palaces of Tehran
- the lovely gardens of Shiraz, famous for its poets, roses and nightingales
- the fine mosques and fascinating old quarters of Yazd and Kerman
- the great ruins of the ancient palace of Persepolis and the royal tombs at Naqsh-e-Rustam
- the wonderful mosques, palaces and bazaars of Isfahan, the city which is 'half the world', according to the Iranians
Next Tours: 11 - 25 April 2019 with The Travellers' Club and 3 - 17 October 2019 with Ciceroni Travel.
Comments from previous tours:
- 'A great opportunity to visit a unique and special country. You have both been so generous with your knowledge of the country and its great people, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.'
- 'Now my vision is of a sea of blue mosques, stumpy columns, a kaleidoscope of magic patterns and colours, and the sweet smell of flowers.'
- 'Iran exceeded all my expectations. From its many superb examples of Islamic and pre-Islamic architecture, from sublime decorative art to glorious gardens, Iran has so much to offer. But of all the jewels in the Iranian crown, its people shine the brightest. Never have I been so welcomed in a country or felt so comfortable.'
- 'One of the very best travel experiences in a long series since we retired. You are easily the best guide I have ever been with. Thank you both for making the holiday such a happy and interesting one.'
Information and Booking:
- The Travellers' Club tours are run under the aegis of Richard Hunt, Halnaker Park Cottage, Chichester, W Sussex PO18 0QH Tel 01243 773597 or go to www.thetravellersclub.com.
- Detailed arrangements and bookings for The Travellers' Club are handled by David Nash at Prestige Holidays, 1 Fridays Court, High Street, Ringwood, Hants BH 24 1JA. Tel 01425 480600
- For Ciceroni tours go to www.ciceroni.co.uk or tel 01869 811167